Sunday 3 January 2010

Gest Plan for Devon Jacko Site

ECCENTRIC reality star David Gest plans to create a museum dedicated to dead pal Michael Jackson - in Plymouth.

The former I'm a Celebrity contestant is in talks to buy a historic seafront hotel in the Devon town to fill with his Jacko memorabilia.

Gest, 56, said: "I've always loved Plymouth. I want to bring a little bit of showbiz to the city."


Alongside items from the King of Pop - David's best friend - the 300-piece exhibit would include pieces once owned by late The Doors frontman Jim Morrison.

The ex-husband of singer Liza Minnelli, 63, stayed at the hotel he has his eye on - St Elizabeth's House - for two nights at Christmas.

He plans to keep the hotel side open and turn it into a five-star venue with top chefs and jazz acts.

David said: "I think my name would make it work. I've always wanted to own a hotel."

No comments: